Grace Gospel Chapel has been in existence since the 1880s, and though the location of the building has changed several times, the heart and mission of the believers has not.
Grace Gospel Chapel was founded in 1889. It was started by a man named Gilbert Renninger, who was led by the Lord to start a church in the area. The first members of the church met in a house on 108 N 7th Street in the heart of Allentown.
In 1912, the church rented a large room on the first floor of 5th and Turner Street.
In 1952, the believers purchased their own plot of land and constructed a building on 622 North Irving Street in Allentown. It was at this point that the name officially became Grace Gospel Chapel
In 1992, the church moved to its present location on Ehret’s Lane. This building contains ample space for children’s rooms, a kitchen and fellowship room, and a large auditorium.
“Speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.“